Summer Holiday Outdoor Games
Following on from our Summer Holiday Indoor Games blog, we have chosen 3 fantastic outdoor games which will entertain your little ones for hours!
Outdoor play is essential to childhood development. Kids will develop the following skills...
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to play in teams.
- Increases physical stamina and strength.
- Improves physical and mental health.
- Digital resilience - time away from the screen!
- Self confidence.
- Awareness and curiosity of nature and the great outdoors.
Game 1: Rounders
An absolute classic summer game! Ideal for all ages. Click to download a reminder of the rules of rounders.
Game 2: Quoits
A traditional garden game which has been much loved for generations. A combination of accuracy when throwing and mathematical skills, this is an ideal game to entertain kids and grown ups alike! Want to know how to play? Check out the Instructions for playing Quoits now.
Game 3: Kubb
Kubb is a traditional game, originating in Sweden. A fun and competitive game - Check out the full Kubb Game Rules for how to play.