Pick A Pumpkin
If somebody asked you what the most popular Halloween decorations are, you would probably include pumpkins near the top of the list! A carved pumpkin with a candle flickering inside is the quintessential Halloween accessory. Halloween might be a little different this year but we believe you should still dig out your costumes and celebrate indoors with your family.
Pumpkin carving is a FANTASTIC family activity. Stock up on pumpkins and have a family competition to see who can create the best Halloween design! Here are some pumpkin carving ideas...
BUT, a pumpkin is for life... and not just for Halloween!
Did you know...?
- The pumpkin is in the same family as the cucumber.
- The idea of pumpkin carving was started by the Irish who used to carve turnips.
- There are over 50 different types of pumpkin.
- Pumpkins come in a variety of colours; not just the stereotypical orange!
- Pumpkins have medicinal properties.
Pumpkin Recipe Ideas
As well as making an amazing Halloween centre piece, pumpkins are also lovely to eat. Ideas include...
- Pumpkin pie
- Pumpkin soup
- Pumpkin risotto
- Pumpkin spice scones
- Pumpkin cake
Head over to Instagram to enter our pumpkin carving competition! @jaquesoflondon