Toy of the Week – Week 6
It’s now just 7 Weeks til Christmas, which means we are announcing our sixth Toy of the Week for you!
In the run-up to the Festive Season, Jaques will be announcing a Top Toy every week based on the best benefits for your little learners.
This week’s Toy of The Week for ‘Collaborative Play’ is… Snakes and Ladders with Ludo!
The Let’s Play Snakes & Ladders comes with a reversible Ludo board—so it’s 2 games in 1! It is perfect for little ones who are learning counting & numeric devices for the first time. The game board features a vibrant and eye-catching design, so it’s an engaging way to learn.
Playing board games helps to develop the ability to play collaboratively.
Collaborative play involves being able to take turns, listen to others, be patient, communicate and accept wins and losses gracefully. This board game will help to develop your child’s social skills in group play settings.
Children love this contemporary spin on these two classic board games! Take your set travelling, on holidays, or as part of family Christmas gatherings. Everything you need to play is included and suitable for 3 years and up!
Collaborative play helps to develop key skills that your children will need throughout their lives. Play is an ideal introduction to collaboration as it is fun and a gentle way for kids to learn.
Board games, such as Snakes and Ladders with Ludo, allows children to observe social protocol in collaborative activities, such as listening to others, taking turn, paying attention to each other and being able to cope when you do not win! As your kids move through school and into adulthood, they will be expected to be able to work collaboratively in a range of scenarios. So, why not introduce them to collaboration early in a non-pressured and friendly way?
As well as teaching your little ones to play collaboratively, our Snakes and Ladders with Ludo board game has a whole host of other benefits for your kid’s development.
- Fine motor skills; utilised by rolling dice and placing playing pieces since this requires precise hand movements.
- Numeracy skills; recognition of numbers shown on the dice and counting the number of moves.
- Ability to follow instructions carefully.
- Screen free fun; this board game is the perfect opportunity for time away from the screen. Real play has remarkably positive effects on your child’s development and state of mind.
- Cross generational; screen free fun is perfect for ALL the family, strengthening cross-generational ties with a game that everybody can take part in.
- Positive effect on mental health – group activities and games help alleviate loneliness and bring families and friends closer together!
With over 220 years of customer satisfaction, you can be confident that Jaques of London will deliver top quality products and exceptional customer service. Your Snakes & Ladders Set will come in signature Jaques of London gift wrap, featuring hand-tied ribbon.