Take me back
DIY Playdough - Key Stage 1
What You Will Need:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of table salt
- 2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Food colouring
- A wooden spoon
- An airtight container
1) Combine the flour, salt and tartar - mix them all together.
2) Add the oil.
3) Add a few drops of food colouring into boiling water and then carefully add this to the mixture - be mindful it's very hot!
4) Mix everything together with a wooden spoon, then when the mixture has cooled a little bit, take the mixture and massage with your hands until it is no longer sticky.
5) Once cool, you can play with your creation.
6) To store and save for later, wrap the mixture in clingfilm and store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 months.
The customisation options are limitless! You could add any food colouring you like, including sparkles and even add natural flavours or essential oils. Try adding a lavender scent to encourage a soothing experience for your little learners. It has a proven therapeutic quality!