Following on from our Summer Holiday Indoor Games blog, we have chosen 3 fantastic outdoor games which will entertain your little ones for hours!
Outdoor play is essential to childhood development. Kids will develop the following skills...
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to play in teams.
- Increases physical stamina and strength.
- Improves physical and mental health.
- Digital resilience - time away from the screen!
- Self confidence.
- Awareness and curiosity of nature and the great outdoors.
Game 1: Rounders
An absolute classic summer game! Ideal for all ages. Click here to download a reminder of the rules.
Game 2: Quoits
A traditional garden game which has been much loved for generations. A combination of accuracy when throwing and mathematical skills, this is an ideal game to entertain kids and grown ups alike! Instructions available here.
Game 3: Kubb
Kubb is a traditional game, originating in Sweden. A fun and competitive game - instructions available here.