Recycling Week 2020 - Recycled Indoor Arts and Crafts for Kids
Following on from our blogs earlier this week, our final blog is all about Recycling Week 2020. In this blog, you will find out how to make sustainable living a part of your kid’s fun and games time too! We have lovingly put together some free downloadable instructions for a range of indoor arts and crafts. Each activity uses sustainable materials and household objects that you would recycle. You can repurpose these materials for fun activities with the family.
At Jaques of London, we have a growing range of toys designed to encourage creativity. The majority of our toys are wooden – a more natural and high quality alternative to plastic toys and come packaged in recyclable packaging.
The included arts and crafts activities have numerous benefits for children including…
- Self-expression through creative activities.
- The ability to communicate their ideas and explain their thinking.
- Developing confidence to try out new ideas and methods.
- Fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Teaches children how to take care of our planet.
- Encourages shared responsibility.
- Inspires curiosity about recycling and why it is important.
- Positive effect on mental health.
Activity 1 - Plastic Bottle Animal Pen Pots
Put those unwanted, empty plastic bottles to good use by turning them into a cute (and handy!) pen pot. Click here to find out how.
Activity 2 - Egg Box Animals
These egg box animals are simply adorable! Kids LOVE animals and this activity can be easily adapted according to your kid's interests! Here we have instructions on how to make an egg box turtle!
Activity 3 - Toilet Roll Octopus Friends
The cardboard inner tube of toilet roll can be utilised in so many ways! This is just one way to reuse your cardboard loo rolls - click here to find out how.
Make sure you share what you got up to during Recycling Week 2020 on Instagram using #recyclingweek2020 and tag @jaquesoflondon.