Inspire a Love of Reading
Reading is such an important skill which we all need throughout our lives. Sometimes it can be tricky to engage kids in reading and sometimes even a battle to get them reading a story book! As with all activities, reading should be fun and appeal to your kid’s interests. There is no point in making your kids read books that they find boring, too easy or too challenging.
Here are some of the benefits reading can have on child development:
- Increases their knowledge and recognition of a range of words.
- Aids with spelling of a wider range of words.
- Allows children to use a wider range of words in their own writing.
- Improves creativity.
- Allows imagination to flourish.
- Develops empathy for others.
- Curiosity about the world around us.
- Develops prediction skills.
- Develops inference skills.
- Improves ability to skim, scan and locate information quickly.
- Improves range of spoken vocabulary.
- Deeper understanding of the English language including punctuation and grammar.
Click here to download our top tips to engage your kids in reading!