Help The Planet With Our Recycled Arts and Crafts Projects For The Garden!
On the 21st September 2020 we are going green for Recycle Week 2020—and you can too! Here at Jaques of London, we fully support the 3Rs – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
You can make recycling for kids fun and engaging by getting them involved in these garden-inspired arts & craft activities.
Bundles of benefits
During lockdown, families had plenty of quality time to spend together indoors and out in the garden or local green spaces. Therefore, we decided to dedicate one of our blogs this week to creating fun additions to your gardens using unwanted packaging/objects. These arts and crafts activities for kids (and adults!) provide the perfect opportunity for screen-free fun. Moreover, engaging in creative activities has numerous benefits for kids.
These benefits include…
- Development of fine motor skills when performing tasks such as cutting and drawing.
- Opportunity for self-expression and imaginative freedom.
- Development of key skills such as using scissors and folding paper.
- Experimentation with patterns, colours, and overall aesthetics.
- The ability to communicate ideas to others and explaining creative choices.
- Mental wellbeing – arts and crafts have proven positive effects on mental health.
Activity 1: Make Your Own Cute Decorative Planters
What better way to use unwanted plastic by turning it into a fun addition to your garden!? Download instructions here for this quirky, crafty, creative project!
Activity 2 - Make Your Own Bird Feeders – Owl Design
Reuse your rubbish AND help the wildlife even more by feeding them! Click here to find out how to make your own recycled bird feeder!
Activity 3- Tin Can Wind Chime
Use your empty metal tins to create a beautiful and calming windchime to hang in your garden. Click here to find out how.