Children's Art Week 2020 will take place across 3 weeks from 29th June to 19th July
The purpose of Children’s Art Week is to highlight the many benefits art can have for children and their development. It also gives families the opportunity to take part in super fun arts and crafts activities.
With more time than ever being spent on screens, it is the perfect opportunity to engage your children in some screen-free fun and quality time together as a family. So, why not take the opportunity to indulge in family fun and games and engage your kids in creative, imaginative activities?
Benefits of Arts and Crafts
- Arts and craft activities allow your child to practice their fine motor skills. Holding a paintbrush/pencil/pen allows your child to exercise precise hand movements to use their selected tool to create their chosen artwork.
- Develops hand-eye coordination.
- Allows creativity to flourish – art and crafts activities give your child’s imagination and creativity time to shine. There are no limits or restrictions when completing arts and craft activities. Artwork is supposed to be unique. Your child can create whatever their imagination decides!
- Participating in art and craft activities improves your child’s focus and determination. When they are inspired, they will want to finish the task at hand to a high standard. The ability to focus for extended periods of time will help your children in school. Plus, building determination and the resilience to keep going will help them when they face various challenges throughout their lives.
- Art and crafts activities are highly personal and individual. It is perfect for self-expression and helping your child to understand themselves and their interests. They might be inspired to become the next world-famous artist!
For inspiration, why not download the following arts and crafts activities?
Click here to download instructions for a super fun and easy painting activity for babies.
Click here for a highly enjoyable painting activity for toddlers.
Download a super fun activity for children age 4+ here.